Friday, September 19, 2008

ENIDTRAISMAN GLASS ART





Kiln-formed glass is my passion. It is a perfect compliment to my life and skills. I utilize my experiences from painting, sewing and ceramics. My deep connection with people and animals is my inspiration. I am the founder and director of The Pet Loss Support Program at DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital In Portland, Oregon. I celebrate the loving bond shared between people and their companion animals.
My raw glass comes from the Bullseye factory in Portland. The glass is purchased in sheets of varying colors and thickness, crushed and powdered (frit) and thin rods (stringers).
Each of my pieces is created by designing, cutting, layering and fusing many shapes and colors of glass in a special glass kiln. This process creates a depth of color and unique pieces of art that are unique and one-of-a-kind.
Glass has to be heated slowly in a special kiln which reaches 1465 degrees. Most of my pieces go though several cycles, as more layers and details are added. Each hand made glass item will be different, and certain inconsistencies or imperfections are part of the mystery and beauty of this process.
My designs are inspired by all critters in the animal kingdom, particularly companion animals for they enrich our lives daily with their buoyant spirits and unconditional love.
It is my pleasure to create commissioned pieces of beloved companion animals for the humans who love and cherish them...WWW.ENIDTRAISMAN.ETSY.COM